Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Eggless Berry-Banana Muffin~ August Sweet Punch

At last I tried my hand with muffins as well. This was my first attempt at trying Muffins, and my Hubby totally loved them. I got inspiration to bake these muffins from Divya's Blog . The way she describes baking makes the process whole lot simpler. Adapting this recipe from her Eggless Apple-Banana Muffins




Ingredients

Canola Oil - 1/4 cup
Bananas - 1 Big,ripe
Berries - 1/2 cup
Self Raising Flour - 1 1/8 cup
Brown Sugar - 1/2 cup
Baking powder - 1/4 tsp
Baking soda - 1/4 tsp
Cinnamon - 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp



Method

  1. Preheat oven to 180C.Grease a muffin tray with butter.
  2. Mash the bananas and mix in the sugar and beat till the sugar blends well into it.Add the oil and whisk it.
  3. Mix together flour,baking powder,baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
  4. Mix the flour mix and berries into the wet ingredients with a spatula and fold it in just until combined.
  5. Pour the batter into the muffin tray and bake for 20-22 minutes or till the muffins have risen and become golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

Note:
  • Cover the muffins with aluminum foil to avoid them getting too hard.
  • I got 9 muffins with these ingredients. As I had 12 -cup Muffin tray, so I added water to them.
Sending this recipe to August Sweet Punch (Though I am late)

No comments: